6 Significant Tips to Maintain Your Newly Acquired Smile
Smile happens to be one of the greatest natural assets that you have as it has a significant impact on your professional, social and personal life. It is for this reason that most people crave for the perfect Hollywood smile and go for one or the other teeth whitening treatment.
If you have opted for the tooth whitening treatment then most probably you just love your newly acquired smile. But the foods and the drinks that we consume each day are capable of making our newly whitened teeth dull and eventually we will lose the sparkle.
Though this may sound quite depressing but there is no need to worry. Here are some ways in which you can take care of your pearly whites. Just read on.
- Maintain Your Oral Hygiene – This is something which is most vital not only to maintain your whitened teeth but also to keep up your oral health. Apart from brushing for a couple of minutes twice a day, you should also never miss flossing and scraping your tongue for a comprehensive cleaning of your mouth. The particles of food that can darken the teeth or stain the teeth can be removed by flossing. Brushing, on the other hand, helps to do away the tooth enamel stains.
- Go for Whitening Toothpaste – Brushing with the whitening toothpaste after you get your teeth whitened is a must. The whitening toothpastes work by gently polishing the teeth and getting rid of any stains on the surface that get amassed throughout the day. Though it is simple step, it is very effective and it can offer a whitening refresher to the mouth that can give you more reasons to smile.
- Avoid Certain Foods – Your daily diet and what you eat and drink play an active role in how long you can keep your pearly whites stain-free. The acidic food and drinks can make the enamel of the teeth to be soft and rough and enhance its vulnerability towards staining. Chromogens and tannins are some other compounds that you should watch out for. The high levels of tannins make the food to stick to the teeth much more easily. Staining can be caused by the intense pigments that are present in chromogens. Tea, red wine, coffee, berries, soda, pomegranates, balsamic vinegar, cherries and anything that is tomato-based must be avoided. You should use a straw when possible at the time of consuming these foods and beverages. You should rinse or brush the tooth afterwards for reducing the effects of stain promotion.
- Add Plenty of Calcium to the Diet – Calcium will help in keeping the teeth healthy, strong and white. Not only that, it also reduces the risk of gum disease to a great extent. That is why it is absolutely essential that you take food and liquids with a lot of calcium on a daily basis or go for calcium supplement consumption regularly.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking is known to all as an ill-practice that can affect your health adversely in more ways than one. If you use tobacco products or smoke and want to keep your teeth white, it is imperative that you quit smoking. Your risk of oral cancer and gum disease are reduced to a great extent if you stop smoking.
- Visit Your Dentist – If you want to retain your newly acquired smile that you can get by going for a treatment at the best laser teeth whitening cost then you must visit the dental clinic regularly without fail. Professional cleaning from time to time and biannual check-ups not only help your oral health upkeep but also help you to maintain a bright smile. You also need to schedule your touch-ups after you have gone for a professional whitening treatment and that gets easier when you visit your dentist regularly.
The above are some of the ways in which you can maintain your newly whitened smile and flaunt it whenever you want with confidence and gain appreciation.